About #UCLAMDChat webinar series
Our live-streaming webinars feature UCLA physicians who present a 20 to 30 minute talk on the latest information on a variety of healthcare topics. Designed for the layman, the webinar is filmed in real-time and streamed on a designated website, giving participants an opportunity to ask questions using social media.
- Webinars are approximately 15-20 min long with 15 min for set-up/prep. The PowerPoint presentation is followed by a brief 5 min Q&A session engaging webinar participants.
- Hashtag #UCLAMDChat is used on Twitter to tweet real-time and encourage participants to ask questions.
View previous webinars at uclahealth.org/uclamdchat.
How to be a part of a UCLA webinar
- Please work with Marketing to select a date for your webinar. We have a fully equipped webinar conference room located in the Oppenheimer Tower (10880 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1450) complete with a 70’ flat screen TV with touch screen advancing, video equipment and a videographer. This room is available for webinars on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm.
- View current webinar calendar
- Best practices indicate that 11:30 am PST/PDT is the best time of day to schedule a webinar for both coasts, which increases registration and viewership.
- Use the form below to send us a proposed topic and calendar preferences for your webinar
Sign Up for Webinar
- Please select a topic for your webinar that can be used for promotion. Ideally, we need three weeks to promote each webinar.
- Your webinar should include a 15-20 minute PowerPoint presentation. Please download the UCLA Health branded PowerPoint template and use it to create your presentation.
Download UCLA Health PowerPoint Template
- At least 3 weeks before the webinar, please send us a title, short description, and a headshot image to be used for webinar promotion.
- Once we add your webinar to the UCLA Health website and social media pages, we will provide you with an event link for you to share on LinkedIn, Doximity, Twitter and other social media platforms in the days leading up to the event.
- One week before your webinar, please send us your PowerPoint so we can create correlating tweets. We will also need 2-3 commonly asked questions to include for you to answer at the end of your presentation.
During the webinar
- During the webinar, Marketing will be collecting questions from participants on an iPad. After your presentation, please remind viewers that they can ask questions using the Twitter hashtag #UCLAMDChat.
- When your presentation is complete, you will receive the iPad with questions from participants so that you can answer these live.
- After the Q & A portion, please remind viewers that the webinar will be available "on demand" on the website and thank them for watching. Studies indicate that 25 percent of those who registered for a webinar prior to the live date also viewed the on-demand version as well.
After your live presentation
- Once the webinar has ended, you will record a short, 1-minute video addressing a key topic related to your presentation and/or your clinical expertise. This Healthy Living Tips video can focus on answering a question, sharing a practical healthy lifestyle tip, offering preventative advice, or explaining a key topic of broader interest to our audience. Please email us ahead with 2-3 ideas for topics, questions or healthy lifestyle tips of your choosing.
- Marketing will produce a branded version of your webinar video to be published on the UCLA Health YouTube Channel, Webinars on Demand section of the #UCLAMDChat webpage, as well on your department’s website. We will also add a video link to your physician profile.
- We will convert a transcript of your webinar video into an FAQ section addressing the topic of your presentation which, once approved by you, will be posted on Sharecare.
- We will produce a Healthy Living Tip video for use on the website and in social media.
- We will provide you with a summary report of key webinar metrics and audience engagement.
The below calendar reflects the webinar room availability and current scheduled webinars. Please work with us to confirm your webinar date, time and location.